Jobs & Opportunities
We currently have no vacancies at Live Theatre.
Live Theatre/Northumbria University Writer in Residence 2016-17
Live Theatre and Northumbria University Newcastle are seeking to appoint a playwright in residence for twelve months, beginning in September 2016.
This residency programme will enable a writer with substantial experience of writing for theatre/performance to work across both our organisations.
The residency will be tailored to the skills and interests of the successful applicant, however it is anticipated that they will demonstrate a commitment to the following activities and outcomes:
- Research and develop an idea for play that responds to Live Theatre’s mission and identity. It is envisaged that this may lead to a commissioning opportunity with Live Theatre outside of the scope of the residency.
- Engage with literary development at Live Theatre, attending script reading sessions, working with the Literary Manager on dramaturgical matters, and participating in Live Theatre’s ‘Introduction To Playwriting’ Course.
- Take a significant role in the creation of a new work developed with and performed by Northumbria Performing Arts (NPA) students at Northumbria University Newcastle, and contribute to the collaborative research culture of the University.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning of NPA undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including the delivery and co-delivery of masterclasses in writing and associated theatre/performance disciplines.
The resident writer will benefit from the following opportunities:
- Access to space, support, resources and equipment at Live Theatre and Northumbria University.
- The partnership will co-host the residency, enabling the successful writer to engage with both organisations and take advantage of the access to research networks and resources (including the University library) and have support from academic, creative and professional staff at Live Theatre and Northumbria University.
- Access to the wider creative, cultural and research networks at Live Theatre and Northumbria University
Residency Fee: £20,000
It is anticipated that the residency will start in Autumn 2016 and last for one year.
To apply for this residency, please email a CV and an expression of interest outlining how the residency would support your practice as a writer, and how you would approach the proposed residency activities and outcomes to Gez Casey, Literary Manager, Live Theatre: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is: Monday 22 February 2016
Candidates may be invited to interview on: Wednesday 2 March 2016